About Me

My photo
Philippines
I live my life through God, ethics, conviction, experiences, books, motion pictures and music… and the thought of an eternal life & utopia after my intertwined fate of mortality.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some words are altered due to the unfathomable British accent. This is a fraction of my favorite episode from Girls in Love waaaaaaaaaaay back.

[Dan]  Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Sorry if I interrupt the
           entertainment but I would like to sing
           something for someone who needs a little nudge.
[Ellie]  Dan get down!
[Dan]  Shut up for once in your life. This one’s for you.


Sings “She’s the one” by Robbie Williams. – he might not know how to sing  but it was soooooo sweet.

♫ I was her she was me
We were one, we were free
And if there's somebody calling me on
She's the one
If there's somebody calling me on
She's the one

When you get to where you wanna go
And you know the things you wanna know
You're smiling

When you said what you wanna say
And you know the way you wanna say it
You'll be so high you'll be flying

Though the sea will be strong
I know we'll carry on
Cos if there's somebody calling me on
She's the one
If there's somebody calling me on
She's the one 

[Dan]      Give me ten seconds Elle.
[Ellie]     I know.  I know all about it. It’s fine with me. We’re not even friends.  
[Magda] Elle shut up and give him the ten seconds.
[Dan]      Kalisha isn’t my girlfriend and never will be, she’s my cousin, and when you saw us together I took the chance to make you JEALOUS when all I ever really wanted was for us to be together and for you to admit that you really like me cause in fact I know that you do.
[Ellie]    Time’s up.
[Dan]     So?
[Ellie]    So what?
[Nadine]Say you like him.
[Ellie]    Excuse me this is private. Have you got a date to the buffet or
              something?
[Dan]     Elle, when we kissed it was the best thing that ever happened to me and I want  you to say the same
[Ellie]    In your dreams… (Some missing lines)
[Dan]     Last chance Elle and after this we can only be friends.
[Ellie]    Okay…………. I felt……………. I felt……………. Dan.
[Dan]     Elle.
[Ellie]     …….. I felt the same.
[Dan]     You sure?
[Ellie]    Don’t push me.
[Dan]     Nah! It’s just, you know, if you weren’t sure then we could…

Dan kisses Ellie.  ♪ She’s the one. 
-FIN-


Omg! This nostalgia is making me grow backwards.  I thought I was losing my mind but it turned out I wasn’t the only one missing Nick’s tv series’ from the late 90’s to 2006. It seems like, nowadays, media is becoming a bad influence making women even more anorexic and insecure whilst men become, aggressive and immoral.  I have nothing against contemporary shows but some people agree that shows before were much more discreet - - there are actually morals in it. Yes, it was corny and it had a lot of fashion tragedy but I wouldn’t trade and deny the fact that I’ve lived those golden years that made me become like this now. Makes me realized that you only live once.  Better take chances and make good decisions than take chances and make regretful ones.  We only have two choices, one is the right but looooong path to victory and the second one is the fastest path to go astray. 

Why can’t civilization be fast-growing and ideal at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment